- This event has passed.
Acoustic Brunch with Jay Nash
October 2, 2016 @ 10:30 am - 2:30 pm$135.00
Announcing a Schooner Woodwind exclusive event!
The influences of being on the water, enjoying great food and beverage can create great memories. However, when you combine those two elements with live music you are now on a journey.
We invite you to join us as Captain Jen navigates us out of Annapolis Harbor for a 4 hour adventure you will not soon forget! You will be aboard a beautiful 74 foot schooner enjoying a selection of gourmet food prepared by Palate Pleasers paired with craft beverages created by Blackwater Distillery in Kent Island. The cruise will start by motoring into a secluded cove for a nice intimate experience with Jay Nash, and then followed by a interactive, sailing experience back to downtown Annapolis.
For this event Schooner Woodwind is partnering with Buncearoo Presents to feature Jay Nash, a singer/songwriter/producer from Vermont. Jay brings the connective power of music to each show which makes every event a unique experience. His music is like the river that raised him – strong and deep, with a little bit of lullaby and a big damn current. For the last decade, he’s journeyed the US and Europe, selling over 60,000 records without ever putting ink on a conventional record deal. Jay seeks the connection, the harmony, between the music he creates and the audience that listens.
Come sail into a truly memorable occasion where the music, the water and the experience become one. Tickets are limited to the first 35 people to sign up.
This show will also be recorded as part of a new YouTube series airing in 2017.
First Course: Crab and Asparagus Quiche paired with a Chesapeake Mimosa featuring Sloop Betty Honey Vodka
Second Course: Fried Chicken with Cornbread Waffles with a side of Vermont Maple Syrup paired with an Eastern Shore Lemonade featuring Sloop Betty Honey Vodka
Third Course: Rockfish Grilled with Smoky Spices served with Wild Rice Bread with Crème Fresh paired with an Old Cuban Cocktail featuring Picaroon Maryland Gold Rum
Fourth Course: Schooner Woodwind Apple Cake paired with a Shore Eve Cocktail featuring Picaroon Maryland Gold Rum or Sloop Betty Honey Vodka
- 4 Hour event on the 74-foot classic, wooden schooner Woodwind.
- 4 Course Brunch with deliciously paired local craft cocktails with each course
- 2 hour performance with Q&A sessions to get to know your favorite musician a little better!
- 1 hour sail where you can raise the sails, steer the boat or sit back and relax.
- Signed poster of the event by Jay Nash
- There are no refunds or exchanges. We sail rain or shine, unless the captain cancels the cruise due to unsafe conditions. We have a rain canopy for the performer if we need to use it.
- If the performer cannot perform, but the boat can sail, a refund for the musician’s part of the cruise will be refunded. We will still sail.
- Additional cocktails or beer can be purchased on a cash basis and will range from $6-8.
- Soft soled shoes only. The boat has a beautiful wood deck.
Stay the Night? The Annapolis Waterfront Hotel (where Woodwind docks) has created a fantastic Sunday Room Rate for this particular Sunday night. Rooms from $159-209 including some waterfront rooms.