Schooner Woodwind & Woodwind II
Two, 74-foot schooners that sail and race on the Chesapeake Bay. This is a family business started in 1993 by two school teachers in Connecticut. Both schooners are kept in Annapolis year round. We sail from mid-April through the end of October.
- Two Masted Staysail Schooner
- Coast Guard Displacement
- 32 tons
- 52,000 lbs.
- Coast Guard Certified
- 48 day passengers, 6 overnight
- 100 hp diesel, Volvo
- Length Overall
- Length on deck
- 61½ ‘
- Sail Area
- 1,800 sq. ft.
- John Scarano, Constructed by Scarano Boat Builders in Albany, New York
- Wood/epoxy system with fiberglass exterior. Port orford cedar laminated frames and strip planks, alaskan cedar beams, and douglas fir deck and sole.
- Year built
- Woodwind: 1993; Launched May 28, Woodwind II: 1998; Launched June 10