Website Running Free Inc./Schooner Woodwind
Annapolis Sailing Cruises
- Excellent skills in boat handling
- Share the adventure of sailing with our guests from a historic, environmental and geographic point of view with a sense of humor.
- Ability to set the proper atmosphere for the safety of the passengers and crew.
- Assist in maintenance of vessels as needed.
- In emergency situations, employees may need to change their normal operations and help secure business property, assets and/or vessel safety.
The successful candidate will be a friendly and safe professional captain who will have several years of experience:
- Working as a captain, aboard a sailing vessel doing similar activities as outlined above.
The successful candidate will have a valid USCG License as a Master of Auxiliary Sail Vessels with a minimum of an Inland rating and 50 Gross Tons, a Marine Radio Operators Permit, a clean USCG record, and have no objections about being enrolled in a random drug-testing program. The person must also have the following qualifications:
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Be a skillful leader and trainer for crew.
- Open to new ideas, and a “team-player”
- Must look at the responsibility of these boats as if they were their own.
This position requires at least two to three days a week, up to 12 hours per day. The season is from Early April through the end of October.
The part-time position would be seasonal and paid on an hourly basis. There is a strong possibility that a winter maintenance job would be offered as well for the right candidate. We will offer a starting hourly rate of $22 per hour for excursion (public sail) work, plus cash tips. The hourly rate will increase to an additional $20 per hour while the boat is contractually under charter and $10 when there is a contracted group sail. This does not include time getting the boat ready or closing her down. The average hourly wage of tips averages out to an additional $14 an hour.
Our standard employee perks include the ability to bring friends & family aboard the Woodwinds when seats are available and employee discounts at Pusser’s Caribbean Grille Restaurant and Store.
- Offsite Office
- 1930-A Lincoln Drive, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Onsite Office & Boats
- 80 Compromise Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
(Everyday, April 15-October 31)
- (410) 263-1981
- (410) 280-6952