Website Running Free Inc./Schooner Woodwind
Annapolis Sailing Cruises
- Excellent skills in boat handling
- Share the adventure of sailing with our guests from a historic, environmental and geographic point of view with a sense of humor
- Ability to set the proper atmosphere for the safety of the passengers and crew
- Maintenance of our vessels
- Regular engine maintenance
- Upkeep of brightwork, rigging, plumbing
- Other system maintenance.
- During the off season (November through March), share the responsibility to ready the boat for the following season
- More complex maintenance skills in woodworking, painting, varnishing, etc.
- Help with preparation for USCG inspections
- In emergency situations, employees may need to change their normal operations and help secure business property, assets and/or vessel safety
The successful candidate will be a friendly and safe professional captain who will have several years of experience:
- Working as a captain, aboard a sailing vessel doing similar activities as outlined above
- Managing a crew and maintenance workers to get work done timely and on task
- Will have the maintenance skills to carry out the tasks described above
The successful candidate will have a valid USCG License as a Master of Auxiliary Sail Vessels with a minimum of an Inland rating and 50 Gross Tons, a Marine Radio Operators Permit, a clean USCG record, and have no objections about being enrolled in a random drug-testing program. The person must also have the following qualifications:
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Expertise in Maintenance organization and implementation
- Be a skillful leader and trainer for crew
- Open to new ideas, and a “team-player”
- Must look at the responsibility of these boats as if they were their own
The full time position would be salaried with a starting salary around $47,500 depending on experience. Gratuities also add up to additional compensation and averages around $15,000. If the captain performed as expected and was able to take on more responsibility reasonable increases could be expected. Weekly workload ranges from 40-50 hours, and there is a generous PTO policy during the winter months. We also offer health benefits and retirement plan options.
Our standard employee perks include the ability to bring friends & family aboard the Woodwinds when seats are available and employee discounts at Pusser’s Caribbean Grille Restaurant and Store.
- Offsite Office
- 1930-A Lincoln Drive, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Onsite Office & Boats
- 80 Compromise Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
(Everyday, April 15-October 31)
- (410) 263-1981
- (410) 280-6952